JOIN OUR LIVE EVENT ON WEDNESDAY: How to invest in real estate in 2021 Sign up here for our exclusive panel on January 20 at 1 PM ET if you’re a Business Insider subscriber.
Here’s what you need to know before the markets open.
1. Janet Yellen will pledge to “act big” on stimulus at her hearing later today. See how the markets are reacting to the Treasury Secretary nominee’s plans for the economy.
2. Oil demand will pick up in 2021, but it will take until the second half of the year for that to filter through. The IEA is forecasting a rise of 5.5 million barrels per day in demand.
3. Cryptocurrencies are seeing interest surge from all over the financial community. Take a look at the record positioning in the Bitcoin options market.
4. Activist investor Ryan Cohen bet on video game retailer GameStop back in August. This is how much his initial $76 million stake is now worth.
5. The little-known videogame studio that created the cult game PUBG is planning a blockbuster IPO. Read more about the company’s planned debut.
6. Earnings expected. Bank of America, Goldman Sachs, State Street, Charles Schwab, Netflix, Halliburton and LogiTech report quarterly results.
7. On the data docket. Auctions for 3- and 6-month T-bills, as well as monthly long-term Treasury capital inflows data are due.
8. Goldman Sachs is crunching the numbers behind which companies will crush the market in 2021. The firm says buy these 25 stocks best-positioned to juice profits amid economic growth.
9. Michael Saylor has invested over $1 billion of MicroStrategy’s funds in Bitcoin. The software CEO-turned Bitcoin whale explains why he is making such a massive bet.
10. A stark warning from a Wall Street strategist who called the last crash. Sven Henrich sees red flags right now similar to the period before last year’s 35% sell-off.
Powered by WPeMatico