Entertainment

Shock call made in Prince Andrew sex abuse probe

The force said it had carried out two reviews into claims made by women that they had been allegedly abused by Andrew and Epstein but would take “no further action”.Officers reportedly spoke with accuser Virginia Giuffre before making the announcement. A Met Police spokesperson said: “The Metropolitan Police Service continues to liaise with other law enforcement agencies who lead the investigation into matters related to Jeffrey Epstein.“As a matter of procedure MPS officers reviewed a document released in August 2021 as part of a US civil action. This review has concluded and we are taking no further action.“We also reviewed information passed to us by a media organisation in June 2021. This review is complete and no further action will be taken.”In August, Met chief Cressida Dick said a review was underway following the new wave of trouble facing the 61-year-old over his links to disgraced Epstein.Speaking on LBC, Dame Cressida told Nick Ferrari: “No one is above the law.“It’s been reviewed twice before, we’ve worked closely with the Crown Prosecution Service, we are of course open to working with authorities overseas, we will give them every assistance if they ask us for anything within the law obviously.”Virginia Giuffre, 38, who now lives in Queensland, has launched a US civil case against Prince Andrew, accusing him of sexually abusing her two decades ago when she was aged 17.The Queen’s third child, who is not facing any criminal charges, “categorically” denies Ms Giuffre’s claims against him.The latest development comes amid reports from The Sunday Times that the Duke of York will not return to public life after Prince Charles, Prince Edward and Princess Anne closed the door on him and Prince William branded him a “threat to the royal family”. ‘There is no way in the world he’s ever coming back, the family will never let it happen,’ a royal source said, according to The Sunday Times. “William is no fan of Uncle Andrew,” another source, a friend of William’s, is reported to have said.The Sunday Times reported that Prince William was “triggered” by his uncle’s perceived “ungracious and ungrateful” attitude towards his position, which William considers “a risk” and a ‘threat to the family.’“Any suggestion that there isn’t gratitude for the institution, anything that could lead anyone in the public to think that senior members of the royal family aren’t grateful for their position, [William thinks] is really dangerous,” The Sunday Times quoted the source as saying. The scathing article also alleged Prince Andrew is not popular in royal circles due to his “diva-like” behaviour with one source describing him as “a self-important bore”. Another royal aide called him “a deeply unpleasant man”. “The difference you see between him and the way Prince William and the Prince of Wales treat their staff with respect, straight out of the Queen’s handbook, is stark,” the royal aide said.

Powered by WPeMatico

Most Popular

To Top