When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
- Samsung announced its new Galaxy Buds Pro wireless earbuds on January 14 alongside its new flagship smartphones, the Galaxy S21 series.
- The Galaxy Buds Pro cost $199.99 and are available to buy from Samsung.com starting on January 14. They will be widely available at retail and carrier stores on January 15.
- The Galaxy Buds Pro come with active noise cancelling, IPX7 water resistance, a wireless charging case, and a total of 18 hours of battery life.
- See how these headphones might stack up against the best true wireless headphones today.
Samsung announced its Galaxy Buds Pro, the company’s latest entry in the true wireless earbuds category, during the 2021 Consumer Electronics Show (CES). The headphones include several premium features, like active noise cancellation, 18-hour battery life, and water resistance to name a few.
Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro price
At $199.99, the Galaxy Buds Pro are Samsung’s most expensive models of wireless earbuds, which usually range between $90 and $130.
This price undercuts the AirPods Pro list price by an impressive $50, but is slightly more expensive than Google’s offering.
Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro release date
The Galaxy Buds Pro will be available to buy on January 14 from Samsung.com, and will be widely available at retailers and carriers starting on January 15.
Samsung will offer the Galaxy Buds Pro in three colors, all done in a glossy paint: straight black, a milky white or silver, and a lavender-like blue color.
Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro features
The Galaxy Buds Pro have active noise cancelling that Samsung claims cuts 99% of background noise, as well as an ambient sound mode that amplifies noises, too. On each bud, a three-microphone system uses beam-forming technology to separate your voice from background noise when you’re on phone calls. It also includes a shielding against wind noises when you’re taking calls outside.
Samsung added a nifty voice detection feature that enables ambient sound mode when you start talking to amplify the other person’s voice. When you’re done speaking, the Galaxy Buds Pro will switch back to whatever mode you were using, whether it was noise cancelling or normal mode, after 10 seconds by default, but you can set the delay to be five or 15 seconds.
The Galaxy Buds Pro can connect to other devices at the same time, but the major caveat is that this only works with other Samsung Galaxy devices.
As for battery life, the buds themselves can play music for up to five hours with active noise cancelling enabled, and eight hours with noise cancelling off, per Samsung’s claim. The tiny wireless charging case can hold up to 13 hours of charge, which sums up to a total of 18 hours of music playback.
Finally, the buds have IPX7 water resistance, making them a suitable option for working out when you’re likely to sweat.
Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro specs
- Drivers: 11mm woofer, 6.5mm tweeter
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C charging
- Codecs: SBC, AAC, Samsung proprietary Scalable
- Battery Life: Five hours for earbuds, 13 hours for the charging case, 18 hours total including battery from charging case
- Charging: 3-minute quick-charge for 30 minutes of music playback, two hours for full earbud charge; wireless charging support
- App: Galaxy Wearable for Android and iOS
- Water/sweat resistance: IPX7
Powered by WPeMatico