COVID-19

Victoria records 445 new Covid cases

The state’s health department confirmed the new local cases just after 9am, along with two more deaths.The health department also revealed another 316 mystery infections, with only 129 of the new cases linked to existing outbreaks.They did not say how many cases were in isolation during their infectious period. No further information was provided on the two positive people who died either, with an update expected later in the day. The number of Victorian lives lost to Covid-19 since the start of the pandemic now stands at 826.There was a significant jump in mystery cases on Tuesday, up 45 from 271 on Monday.The outbreak continues to hit Victoria’s younger population the worst with 87 per cent of the state’s active cases younger than 50.It comes as hospital admissions for Covid-19 patients reached 157 on Tuesday, up from 147 the day before, as the state’s outbreak worsens despite a sixth lockdown.Health Minister Martin Foley said 38 of the 157 patients were receiving intensive care, with 26 of those needing ventilation.He said 89 per cent of the hospitalised patients were unvaccinated, while the remaining 11 per cent had one dose.None of the hospitalised patients were fully vaccinated.No new cases were recorded in hotel quarantine on Tuesday. More than 17,000 primary close contacts remain in isolation in Victoria.There are now 3799 active cases in [email protected]

Powered by WPeMatico

Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most Popular

To Top