Let’s get started.
1. Facebook released a previously unseen report on its most-viewed content in the US. Facebook originally withheld the report out of fear of scrutiny, as the most-viewed link implied a doctor died from the COVID vaccine. Take a look at what the report revealed.
2. Elon Musk unveiled designs for a “Tesla Bot,” a humanoid robot. Musk hopes the Tesla Bot, which would be made from Tesla’s self-driving AI, could be sent to Mars, where it would work in inhospitable environments. Everything you need to know about the planned human-like robots (which the company said would be “friendly”).
3. A leaked memo shows Google is dismantling its Google Health division. Google Health’s chief is leaving, and the division’s units will be scattered throughout the company. Here’s what else we learned from the internal memo.
4. Sex workers are “angry and confused” by OnlyFans’ ban on explicit content. Many say it’s unclear how the platform will enforce it’s porn ban, while others may leave the platform because of it (and could head to one of these sites instead). See what sex workers are saying after OnlyFans policy update.
5. Apple has delayed its office return until at least January. The company joins other tech giants, including Amazon, in pushing back its return to the office amid rising COVID-19 rates. It had previously wanted staff to return in October. More on that here.
6. Facebook launched a safety feature to protect Afghan users. As social media users – particularly women – fear the Taliban is using social media to track opposition, Facebook announced a feature to secure their accounts. See what Facebook, and other sites, are doing to protect Afghan users.
7. Blue Origin has lost at least 17 high-level staffers this year. Some of the employees left in the weeks after Jeff Bezos’ trip to space, while others departed after SpaceX was awarded the $2.9 billion NASA moon-lander contract that Blue Origin was gunning for. Get the full rundown here.
8. The newest iPhone is set to have major camera upgrades and insane amounts of storage. According to Bloomberg, the phone is expected to have more screen space and tons of storage, but with a familiar slim design. Here’s what else we know about the new iPhone.
9. Google’s payments team is seeing an exodus of executives and employees. Dozens of workers have left Google’s payments team in recent months, with some saying they’re frustrated by slow progress on the payments app. Here’s everything we know about the exits so far.
10. AWS insiders think key cloud exec Charlie Bell may take a C-level job at another company – and soon. Bell abruptly left the company last week in a move that surprised insiders. Now, Bell’s coworkers are musing that he left to take an executive position at another major tech company. See what they’re saying.
Sign up for more Insider newsletters here.
Powered by WPeMatico