As the state recorded no new cases on Wednesday, Annastacia Palaszczuk said the two drivers who had travelled into Queensland from NSW and had initially tested positive in the southern state, had now been deemed negative. Chief health officer Jeannette Young thanked the two drivers, one from the Somerset region and the other from Sunshine Coast, who she said “did everything correctly”. “Even if they had been cases, they would have been very low risk because of what they’ve been doing,” Dr Young said, “So a big thank you to them and to all truck drivers.”Dr Young said on Tuesday that the drivers had not been of great concern because they had been doing their routine testing as required for all freight workers. Queensland is on tenterhooks as it tries to keep the Delta outbreak ripping through NSW, Victoria and ACT out. As of Wednesday morning, there are 13,765 cases linked to NSW’s outbreak, 522 in Victoria, and 167 in the ACT. No new cases were recorded in hotel quarantine either on Wednesday, but Ms Palaszczuk announced a major shake up to the system which will block people seeking to relocate to the state for two weeks. Southeast Queenslanders are tipped to enjoy more restrictions easing from this weekend, with an announcement coming on what rules will continue despite last months Indooroopilly cluster being contained. Masks are expected to continue to be required as the vaccination program continues. As of Wednesday morning, 47 per cent of Queenslanders have had their first dose of Covid-19.
Powered by WPeMatico